Crescent City Blues & BBQ Festival
Lafayette Square Park
New Orleans, La.
Oct. 16, 2011
1 (cut) 0:50
2 I Feel Good 4:58
3 The Judgment 6:25
4 A Change Is Gonna Come 5:57
5 Morning Train 8:22
6 Don't Let The Devil Ride (dropouts) 13:49
7 I'll Fly Away 9:34
8 Lord I Just Want to Thank You 9:57
9 Jump for Joy 10:00
Source: WWOZ-FM > RadioShark v2.0.2 > Macintosh MacMini (2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) > aiff > Quicktime 7.6.3 (convert aiff to wav) > wav > flac v1.2.1 (linux command line; level 8 compression) > flac files
splice source (from mp3 stream): WWOZ.org 128 kbps mp3 stream > StationRipper v2.98.2 > Sony Vaio vpcs131fm > captured mp3 stream > hard drive > MacBook Pro (2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) > Quicktime 7.6.9 > (convert mp3 to wav/aiff) > Bias Peak Pro 6.2 (see below)
Transfer: flac files (transferred by ftp from remote pc) > MacBook Pro (2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) > X Audio Compression Toolkit 2.13 (convert to aiff) > aiff > Bias Peak Pro 126.96.36.19992 (trimmed, raised 3 db, split into songs) > X Audio Compression Toolkit 2.13 (sector boundaries repaired; level 8 compression) > flac
Notes: There was a break in my recording due to required media changes (due to the length of the broadcast). The missing section was restored using a splice from the mp3 stream:
* 1.5-second splice from mp3 source at 33.6 seconds into Track 1.
A station ID/DJ interruption (34 seconds) was removed at 8:18 into Track 5.
There were numerous dropouts and glitches throughout the recording that were inherent in the broadcast. Most of the dropouts lasted less about a tenth of a second or less and were simply closed up. There were several longer dropouts:
* A 6-second dropout at the very end of Track 2 was reduced to one second and a fade out was applied. The next song starts abruptly.
* A 6-second dropout was closed up about 1:13 into Track 4.
* There was another 6-second dropout at 1:32 into Track 6 (it was reduced to 1/2-second)
* A 6.6-second dropout at 2:51 into Track 6 was closed up and reduced to a half second
* There was a 6.2-second dropout at 9:33 into I'll Fly Away during a station ID. Most of the station ID interruption (about 40 seconds) was removed, with 1-second of silence inserted (and fade in/outs applied).