23rd Annual Byron Bay Bluesfest
6 April 2012
Shared by: Woff [WWWoff-11]
Lineage: Roland-R05 (internal mics, 24/48) > PC > Cool Edit Pro (amplify, eq, track splits, downsample to 16/44.1) > TLH > FLAC (level 8, aligned on SB)
02 I'm Her Man
03 Midnight Sun
04 Red Hot Mama
05 Intro to James T(hornbury)
06 Going Up The Country
07 So Sad (the World's In A Tangle)
09 Future Blues
11 Let's Work Together
12 "Tribute to John Lee Hooker"
At Bluesfest this year, I had three aims, with the following priority:
1. Enjoy myself listening to some great music
2. Make some recordings to assist my ailing memory in recalling what I saw / heard
3. Share anything worth sharing
Points 1 and 2 were mostly satisfied. I had a major fail with a couple of shows where I must have forgotten to press record. I won't be sharing those.
As for point 3:
Most of the recordings contain some sort of undesirable "feature", including selections from the following:
- drunk punters tripping over you and speaking loudly into the recorder
- music bleed from other stages
- general chatter
- uneven sound
- missed songs due to late arrival
- idiots who feel that whistling and woo-hooing all over the performance adds to the enjoyment of others
It is what it is, if you can make it something else, feel free.
Since I ignored the "no taping allowed" directive at the event, I have no real claim on asking you to do or not do anything with this recording.
Comments about this show:
Joined a bit late and missed most of the first song
Need help with setlist
Some chatter and a couple of mad whistlers
I will provide samples so that you can decide whether to use your bandwidth.