Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA
September 3, 1985
Westwood One Superstars in Concert Show #86-14 3-LP set
For broadcast the weekend of July 12, 1986
Lineage: Original pre-FM vinyl > ? > HDD > Audacity > TLH > Flac
01. Superstars 86-14 Intro
02. Commercial - Sprite
03. Building The Perfect Beast
04. Dirty Laundry
05. Commercial - Coca Cola
06. Westwood One - Charlie Kendall
07. Commercial - Sprite
08. Drivin' With Your Eyes Closed
09. You Can't Make Love
10. You're Not Drinkin' Enough
11. Commercial - Coca Cola
12. Westwood One - Charlie Kendall
13. Them And Us
15. Not Enough Love In The World
16. Commercial - Sprite
17. Westwood One Promo - Brian Wilson
18. Westwood One - Charlie Kendall
19. Bob Dylan - Tom Petty Tour Update
20. Commercial - Coca Cola
22. The Boys Of Summer
23. All She Wants To Do Is Dance
24. Commercial - Sprite
25. Westwood One - Charlie Kendall
26. Sunset Grill
27. Talking To The Moon
28. Commercial - Coca Cola
29. Westwood One - Promo Joe Lynn Turner
30. Hotel California
31. Superstars 86-14 Outro
32. Commercial - Sprite
33. Superstars 86-14 Promo Spot
Total time 1:26:19
Don Henley: lead vocals, piano
John Corey: lead and rhythm guitar
Kevin Dukes: lead guitar, synthesizer guitar
Scott Plunkett: synthesizer, keyboard
Danny Korchmar: keyboards, synthesizer, percussion, vocals
Jay Winding: synthesizer, grand piano
Debra Dobkin: background vocals, percussion, keyboards
Nindy Sterling: background vocals, percussion, keyboards
Jennifer Condos: bass
Ian Wallace: drums
1) This was attributed to "Los Angeles" on the broadcast. Universal City is an unincorporated area entirely surrounded by the City of Los Angeles.
2) I do not know the date for the show, but Henley was on tour during the summer and fall of 1985. I have seen this show attributed to November of 1985. I found a ticket image on Ebay that clearly shows that he also played there in September. The ticket is included here, but is not intended as a claim it represents the date of the show.
3) I included all commercials and promo spots. They are clearly marked and tracked so you can exclude them from a CD-R burn. The intention here was to reproduce the entire show as it exists on the discs. (Update: This actually is the September show!)
4) The tracks were manually declicked one click at a time in Audacity.
5) Westwood One had a problem with their disc labels.
One disc has the number corrected by pen, and another has a typed sticker glued on to it.
6) The Westwood One "affidavit" was missing from the set (presumably sent in to document that it had been played on the air).
Many thanks to draftervoi for providing this file set through the Voodoo Wagon blog.
Support the artists! Buy their official releases, go to their concerts!
Trade freely! Do not buy or sell! Keep it lossless!
Uploaded to Dime by propylaen in July 2015.
Images for all shows as well as full size images for this show.
Images for this show: