The Palms Playhouse
April 20, 2007
Lineage: Core Sound Stealth Cardoids > Sharp MD770 MD > Adobe Audition > flac
The Palms is a fairly small venue although larger than the original Palms Playhouse that used to be in Davis, CA. The turnout for this show was unusually light....especially for being a Friday night! If there were more than twenty people in the audience I would be surprised. This made recording a very pleasant experience as I was pretty much all by my lonesome making for a significant lack of audience noise. I did feel really bad for Earl as he is such a dynamic performer and this show should have been a sellout. Even with such a small audience, Earl didn't disappoint.
Track 10 on disc 1 was a new song that I took a stab at a title.
1. Maybe the Next Life
2. The Higher Ground (Everything Is Alright)
3. The Bright Side of You (Let Me See)
4. Take It Like a Man
5. I'd Rather Go Blind
6. Sweet Like Sugar
7. Let Your Love Grow Bolder
8. Little Brother
9. Brown Sugar
10. You Know What I Mean -??
1. Working Together
2. medley - Superstition/Living for the City/You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
4. If You Want Me to Stay
5. Double Trouble
6. medley - Dust My Broom/Rock Me Baby/Who's Loving You Tonight
8. Let Your Love Grow Bolder - 2nd attempt
9. Your Daddy's Eyes
10. Bang A Gong
11. medley - You Wear It Well/I Donít Want To Talk About It/Maggie May