November xx, 1968
Cafe Au Go-Go
New York City
"WFMU Fundraising Marathon"
1st gen. "off-air" recording.
1. WFMU announcer + Ed Sanders talk 0:23
2. ?? title [cuts in] 0:52
3. Ed Sanders talk: intro to next song 0:48
4. Johnny Piss-Off Meets The Red Angel 4:36
5. WFMU announcer + Ed Sanders intro to next song 0:59
6. Supergirl 1:54
7. Ed Sanders intro to Wet Dream 2:05
8. Wet Dream 3:27
9. WFMU announcer + Ed Sanders talk outro 2:02
Lineage: WFMU-FM > Uher 4000 Report-L (5 inch reel) at 7.5 ips speed > TDK SA90 Dolby B cassette.
Transfer: Nakamichi Dragon (Dolby B decoded) > Macintosh with DigiDesign AudioMedia III sound card > Pro Tools (minor "nip & tuck" edits, normalization & tracking) > AIFF > xACT (Flac level 8 files with sector boundaries verified). md5 file created with checkSUM+.
The sound quality is OK but there are quite a few tape dropouts and lots of edits by WFMU trying to keep obscenities off the air. You can get an idea of the sound quality, the dropouts and how WFMU failed to keep it completely clean in the sample.
ENJOY & SHARE!