Jackson Browne 1989-06-19 Saratoga Springs, NY with Stevie Ray Vaughan!
Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
01 One More SHot
02 The World Justice
03 World in Motion
04 Runnin' On Empty
05 Band Introductions
06 The Pretender
07 Freedom for South Africa
08 After the Deluge
09 The Load-Out ->
10 Stay (with Stevie Ray Vaughan)
2 Nakamichi 700s and Sony TC-D5M Master > HHB-CD > FLAC
Taped from Section 5, in front of stage right stacks.
Some notes about this historic performance:
1. I have scoured the Internet for any references to this historic event and usually there's not even a tidbit about it. So I thought I need to release this for historic preservation.
2. Stevie Ray Vaughan was playing Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) the next night and we saw him standing on the side of the stage during The Load-Out.
3. The tape sounds like it's coming out of the deck starting about 1:36 in Track 10. Don't worry - this isn't the tape. The roadies came out and sang the refrain for one of the Stay verses and didn't have great voices.
4. Jackson calls Stevie Ray out at about 3:18 in Track 10 during Stay.
5. Check this out - until this night I always thought Stevie Ray's guitar sound was due to whatever processors and effects he used. But Jackson calls him out and gives him the guitar he was playing - just a stock, turquoise Stratocaster. Stevie Ray did a couple control adjustments on it and it sounded just like Stevie Ray.
6. Sorry for the microphone movement noise during the Stevie Ray part.
7. The third encore was "Doctor My Eyes". We didn't record it.