Dave Kelly & Maggie Bell
Saturday 26th April 2008
Taper - Soreballs
An intimate evening of ampified electric & acoustic blues, country & soul.
2 sets were played.
Disk 1 - Set 1
01. I Can't Be Satisfied (Muddy Waters)
03. Bring It On Home To Me (Sam Cooke)
05. Blue Moon Of Kentucky (as by Patsy Cline, written by Bill Monroe)
07. Lonely Avenue (Ray Charles)
09. The House Of The Rising Sun (unknown)
11. Walking After Midnight (as by Patsy Cline, written by Alan Block & Don Hecht)
13. Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding)
15. What's The Matter With The Mill (Memphis Minnie)
16. Respect Yourself (Staple Singers)
Disk 2 - Set 2
02. ???unknown title???
04. I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You) (as by Patsy Cline, written by Hank Williams, Sr)
06. High Heel Sneakers (Tommy Tucker)
08. Gulf Coast Highway (Nanci Griffith, James Hooker, Danny Flowers)
10. Ballad Of Hollis Brown (Bob Dylan)
12. I Believe I'm In Love With You (Bonnie Raitt)
14. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Willie Dixon)
15. No Mean City (the theme from Taggart)
16. Mony Mony (Tommy James & The Shondells)
Dave Kelly - vocals, acoustic & electric guitars (both inc. slide)
Maggie Bell - vocals & tambourine
For those who don't already know - Dave Kelly is a member of 'The Blues Band'.
Maggie Bell is a former member of 'Stone The Crows' & currently a working member of 'The British Blues Quintet'.
Both have side projects such as this duo.
The show was a sell out & held in 'The Studio' of Durham's Gala Theatre.
Seats & tables were set out in a spacious manner.
My guess at the attendance - approx 100+
Maggie was regularly referring to music sheets & occassionally fluffed the lyrics. She also coughed rather closely to her mic on more than one occassion.
During the show she got rather annoyed with the bar staff for noisely washing the glasses. Needless to say, this feisty Glaswegian got them to stop it after a short, sharp rebuke!
Excuse any errors in naming the song titles, etc.
Dave Kelly's official websites: www.gtamusic.co.uk & www.thebluesband.com
Maggie Bell's official website: www.maggiebell.co.uk & www.thebritishbluesquintet.co.uk
Please support the artists by buying their offically released material & of course, go see them play live.
Encode to lossy formats for your own use only.
Please respect my wishes & don't share this or any other of my personal recordings in a lossy format!
1st uploaded to Dime in June 2008 by Soreballs.