The Barry Flast Collection
Barry Flast was a musician who played with the who�s who of the Rock & Roll world for 45 years. He was also a prolific music collector who always had a tape recorder going every place he went. Barry passed away in November 2013. His wife, Mary, has generously offered to share some of his music collection with the music trading world. This project will be ongoing for a long time to come. Barry collected thousands of soundboards, audience recordings, and various home recordings & compilations. Many of them will be shared over the coming months and years.
Thank you Barry.
Source: Audience recording > cdr > eac > wav
Lineage: wav > iZotope RX4 Advanced > iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced >
CD Wave > TLH > Flac 16
02 Killing Floor
03 Mystery Train
04 Jump Back
05 Sea Cruise
07 Next Time You See Me
13 Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You
02 Swinging Doors
03 I'm A Lonesome Fugitive
04 Wild Northland
05 California Day
08 Truck Drivin' Man
12 The Weight
Matthew Kelly - harmonica, guitar, vocals
Robbie Hoddinott - guitar
Mick Ward - keyboards
Dave Torbert - bass, vocals
Chris Herold - drums
- Some repairs have been made and level adjustments too.
- I removed a 60 Hz hum which was present during quite a lot of this.
- The vocals are a little low in the mix at times.
- Kingfish formed in early 1974. In the summer they went up to Alaska and stayed for several months.
They played a lot of shows to get things together and hone their sound.
- Barry had 5 discs in his collection labeled for this venue. This is a compilation of the left-overs not included
in BFC 005, 006 and 009. I've put it together as two imaginary sets.
- After they play "Next Time You See Me" they get a request 'Hey, do you guys know Brown Sugar?' and the response
is something like 'No, we're California'
Thanks to Rick Martin for extracting the wavs,
edited and mastered