ARTIST: The Magic Band.
TIME: 8:00 PM.
DATE: Saturday, April 12, 2014.
VENUE: The Metro Theatre.
LOCATION: Sydney, Australia.
RECORDING EQUIPMENT: Tascam DR-07 MK II audio recorder using the internal microphones.
RECORDING LOCATION: 1 row behind the Soundboard and a little too the right.
SOUND QUALITY: Good.
The decision was made to include the complete set (01 - 16.) by The Grandmother's Of Invention (who were the opening act), as well as the complete Intermission as i felt it added to the overall atmosphere of the show (for me anyway).
The same recording level was used throughout the entire concert, which will explain why the Intermission is lower in volume than the rest of the show.
NOTE: THIS IS THE COMPLETE UNCUT PERFORMANCE.
THE GRANDMOTHERS OF INVENTION - (01. - 16.)
The Bands Current Line-Up:
David Parlato - Bass Guitar
Max Kutner - Electric Guitars
Christopher Garcia - Drums/Percussion & Vocals
Bunk Gardiner - Tenor Saxophone, EWI, & Flute
Don Preston: Keyboard Synthesizers, Electronics, Gongage, & Vocals
THE MAGIC BAND - (17. - 42.)
The Bands Current Line-Up:
Andrew Niven - Drums & Percussion
Eric Klerks - Electric Guitars & Vocals
Denny Walley - Slide Guitars & Vocals
Mark Boston - Bass Guitar
John French - Vocals & Drums/Percussion
NOTE: Andrew Niven leaves the stage after - ''27. Circumstances - (4:17)'' to allow John French to sit in on the drums and show the audience his prowess.
John French displays his drumming skills on -
''28. John French Performs A Drum Solo For The Audience - (3:53)'' +
''29. On Tomorrow (Instrumental Version) - 8:06)'' &
''30. Alice In Blunderland - (6:51)'' then returns to the microphone for the remainder of the show.
01. The GrandMothers Of Invention Enter The Stage - (0:59)
02. Echidna's Arf (Of You) - (4:20)
03. Don't You Ever Wash That Thing ? - (8:29)
04. Absolutely Free - (4:24)
05. Debra Kadabra - (5:30)
06. Who Are The Brain Police ? - (8:12)
07. You Didn't Try To Call Me (1962) - (Glazer) - (5:24)
08. Let's Turn The Water Black (Instrumental Version) - (4:13)
09. Harry, Your'e A Beast (Instrumental Version) - (1:41)
10. ''Oh No'' (Instrumental Version) - (6:38)
11. The Orange County Lumber Truck - (6:08)
12. Trouble Everyday - (5:53)
13. The Individual Band Members Are Introduced To The Audience - (0:53)
14. Hungry Freaks, Daddy - (4:38)
15. Peaches En Regalia & Final Farewells - (3:55)
16. Intermission Pt. 1 - The Equipment Used By The GrandMothers Of Invention Is Taken Off The Stage - (10:34)
17. Intermission Pt. 2 - The Equipment Used By The Magic Band Is Set up & The Band Enter The Stage (And Remain There Until Showtime) To Soundcheck It - (10:35)
18. The Magic Band Acknowledge The Audience (As They Are Already Onstage) - (0:53)
19. My Human Gets Me Blues - (3:36)
20: Low Yo Yo Stuff - (4:21)
21. Diddy Wah Diddy (1956) - (Dixon-McDaniel) - (3:49)
22. The Individual Band Members Are Introduced To The Audience - (2:51)
23. Golden Birdies - (4:25)
24. When It Blows It Stacks - (6:56)
25. Hot Head - (5:44)
26. Doctor Dark - (3:37)
27. Circumstances - (4:17)
28. John French Performs A Drum Solo For The Audience - (3:53)
29. On Tomorrow (Instrumental Version) - (4:12)
30. Alice In Blunderland - (6:51)
31. Suction Prints - (5:32)
32. Hair Pie: Bake 1 - (3:59)
33. Steal Softly Through The Snow - (3:21)
34. Owed T' Alex - (6:30)
35. Click Clack - (6:59)
36. The Individual Band Members Are Introduced To The Audience Again - (0:34)
37. Floppy Boot Stomp - (4:32)
38. Moonlight On Vermont - (5:10)
39. Big Eyed Beans From Venus - (5:29)
40. The Individual Band Members Are Introduced To The Audience Yet Again (For The 3rd & Final Time) - (1:11)
41. Electricity - (Bermann-Vliet) & Final Farewells - (12:03)
42. Audience Members Gather In The Foyer To Retrieve Their Concert Tickets - (4:25)