Neil Young & Promise of the Real
Earth album - Naked
These are versions from the Rebel Content tour, of the tracks announced to appear on the forthcoming Earth album, but without any of the overdubs that they will have on the album. At this point we don't know what shows the tracks on Earth come from, so these will likely be different from those.
1. Mother Earth (originally from Ragged Glory) - 10.13 La Jolla [4:45]
2. Seed Justice (new title for the unreleased �I Won�t Quit� ?) - 10.13 La Jolla [3:55]
3. My Country Home (Ragged Glory) - 10.05 Vancouver [7:25]
4. The Monsanto Years (The Monsanto Years) - 10.11 Las Vegas [9:04]
5. Western Hero (Sleeps With Angels) - 10.07 Portland [3:53]
6. Vampire Blues (On The Beach) - 10.14 Inglewood [4:41]
7. Hippie Dream (Landing On Water) - 07.11 Lincoln [5:18]
8. After The Gold Rush (After The Gold Rush) - 10.13 La Jolla [4:42]
9. Human Highway (Comes A Time) - 10.08 Eugene [4:06]
10. Big Box (The Monsanto Years) - 07.11 Lincoln [9:25]
11. People Want to Hear About Love (The Monsanto Years) - 10.17 Berkeley [9:06]
12. Wolf Moon (The Monsanto Years) - 10.13 La Jolla [4:42]
13. Love & Only Love (Ragged Glory) - 10.07 Portland [26:42]
Many thanks to Ron Yaxley, Tom Zumafan and Soldier Steve
All tracks from:
"Rebel Content Tour 2015 Compilation"
Here is a great compilation I recently received from Rust list members. Compiled by Ron Yaxley(REYaxley).
All files in FLAC format. Text below from Rons original e-mail.
In the recent Rolling Stone article about Neil and Promise of The Real finishing off their second album for release in June, Neil is quoted as saying "It's like a live show, but it's not like a live show..... It's not conventional ... but it is based on live performance."
While we eagerly wait for that new album, there is still nothing like a Neil Young live show. The vast majority of the Rebel Content shows in the USA and Canada in 2015 were captured by tapers and uploaded to Dime so it was perhaps inevitable that a live comp would probably appear before too long.
The origins of this comp lie with Tom Zumafan and Soldier Steve who between them put together a 6-CD compilation of their favourite tracks from the Rebel Content tour. It wasn't widely circulated or publicised but it existed. During the last few weeks, I have had the pleasure of working with Tom and Steve to 'remaster' the original with the objective of turning it into six continuous live albums. Tracks have been edited and merged as best I could from the individual files to make it sound like one long concert. Some of the original cuts were changed for different versions that lent themselves better to track-to-track transition, and the original order of the tracks was also changed in places to make them fit together better. Every song played on the tour is covered here bar one, Rockin' In The Free World....it was played twice but no decent recordings have surfaced unfortunately. To quote a Neil song from 1985, nothing is perfect and what has been created is only as good as all of the source material.
It was challenging editing different shows together but we think it worked and it sounds pretty damn good!
It was great fun working on this, so my grateful thanks to Tom and Steve for their generosity, their patience while all of this was being put together, and their unqualified approval of the end result.
So, 62 songs, over 6 hours of Neil + POTR live. Enjoy!
Neil Young will release a new album, entitled EARTH, on June 17th. The album with The Promise of the Real, is from the 2015 tour.
1. Mother Earth (originally from Ragged Glory)
2. Seed Justice (new title for the unreleased �I Won�t Quit� ? )
3. My Country Home (Ragged Glory)
4. The Monsanto Years (The Monsanto Years)
5. Western Hero (Sleeps With Angels)
6. Vampire Blues (On The Beach)
7. Hippie Dream (Landing On Water)
8. After The Gold Rush (After The Gold Rush)
9. Human Highway (Comes A Time)
10. Big Box (The Monsanto Years)
11. People Want to Hear About Love (The Monsanto Years)
12. Wolf Moon (The Monsanto Years)
13. Love & Only Love (Ragged Glory)
EARTH features the live recordings, along with added musical overdubs, as well as "sounds of the earth, such as city sounds like car horns, sounds of insects, and animal sounds from bears, birds, crickets, bees, horses, cows - creating a very strange, yet beautiful atmosphere."
"Ninety-eight uninterrupted minutes long, EARTH flows as a collection of 13 songs from throughout my life, songs I have written about living here on our planet together," says Young. "Our animal kingdom is well represented in the audience as well, and the animals, insects, birds, and mammals actually take over the performances of the songs at times."
On Friday, May 6th, in Los Angeles between 7:00pm - 9:00pm, The Natural History Museum Los Angeles County will present "An Evening With Neil Young", as part of their "First Fridays" event series. "First Fridays" is a monthly event at the Natural History Museum. For this event, Young will present the first public playback of his upcoming release, EARTH in its entirety in Pono high definition fidelity audio. Young will deliver the opening portion of the program with his insights and explanation of the making of EARTH, and its contents. This will be the first-ever public album preview by Young in his career and the first event of its kind for NHM.