A collection of Outtakes
I have a lot of studio outtakes shoved at the end of shows. Sometimes it's the only outtake I have, other times I have a lot of studio material by an artist.
The best part of outtakes, to me, has always been the songs that never surfaced and were never released.
This idea works well on dime, since it means that there can be no argument about whether or not the outtake version is the same as the released version.
Some of these would be debatable as to whether they are demos vs. outtakes; I'm trying to stick to tracks that have more than one instrument
accompanying the singer, but that's obviously not a clear way to distinguish an outtake from a demo. This is for your enjoyment, so please
don't try to engage me in a discussion of whether a song is a demo or an outtake.
Some of these songs have circulated for years, others might be new to you.
Dates came from the internet, I did the best I could.
The lineage is generally cd-r or cassette (x).
1. Joe Ely--Where is My Love (duet with Linda Ronstadt) 1986/87
2. John Fogerty--Between the Lines 1976
3. J Geils Band--Messin With The Kid 1967
4. Emmylou Harris--Simple Again 1994
5. George Harrison--Abandoned Love (1984?)
6. John Hiatt--Where Is the Next One Coming From? 1987
7. The Hooters--Scared By Science (1984)
8. Susannah Hoffs--Sunshine 1993/94
9. The Jam--My Girl (1980?)
10. Jayhawks--Survival 1992
11. Billy Joel--Sally (early, unfinished lyrics, later evolved into zanzibar) 1978
12. Marti Jones--It Ain't Been That Long 1985
13. Bryan Ferry--Movie, Move Me (1982?)