Seasick Steve (w/ John Paul Jones and special guests Wolfmother)
23rd Annual Byron Bay Bluesfest
8 April 2012
Shared by: Woff [WWWoff-25]
Lineage: Roland-R05 (internal mics, 24/48) > PC > Cool Edit Pro (amplify, eq, track splits, downsample to 16/44.1) > TLH > FLAC (level 8, aligned on SB)
01 Diddley Bo / intro to JPJ
03 Don't Know Why She Love Me But She Do
04 Walkin' Man
06 Intro to Never Go West
07 Never Go West
08 That's All
09 What A Way To Go
10 You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks
11 Intro to Wolfmother
12 Shout (w/ Wolfmother)
13 It's A Long Long Way
14 Dog House Boogie
At Bluesfest this year, I had three aims, with the following priority:
1. Enjoy myself listening to some great music
2. Make some recordings to assist my ailing memory in recalling what I saw / heard
3. Share anything worth sharing
Points 1 and 2 were mostly satisfied. I had a major fail with a couple of shows where I must have forgotten to press record. I won't be sharing those.
As for point 3:
Most of the recordings contain some sort of undesirable "feature", including selections from the following:
- drunk punters tripping over you and speaking loudly into the recorder
- music bleed from other stages
- general chatter
- uneven sound
- missed songs due to late arrival
- idiots who feel that whistling and woo-hooing all over the performance adds to the enjoyment of others
It is what it is, if you can make it something else, feel free.
Since I ignored the "no taping allowed" directive at the event, I have no real claim on asking you to do or not do anything with this recording.
Comments about this show:
This one is a better listen than the one from the previous night.
There is a bit of chatter
Need setlist assistance.
I will provide samples so that you can decide whether to use your bandwidth.