Warren Zevon (solo/acoustic)
May 23, 1985 (early show)
Another great torrent from Mexminute/TheCommish
(from the Mexminute archives)
**mp3 samples provided (as always) in the Comments section**
A must-have show by the late Warren Zevon (Jan. 24, 1947-Sept. 7, 2003).
It's hard to believe it's been 5 years already.
Note: Unlike many Warren Zevon recordings, this particular show CANNOT be found (yet, at least) in the Live Music Archive at www.archive.org. However, the archive does have a nice-looking June 18, 1986 Zevon show from Rockefeller's, found here:
101. Frank and Jesse James
102. Start Me Up (Rolling Stones) >
103. Poor, Poor Pitiful Me
105. Reconsider Me
106. Detox Mansion
107. Bill Lee
108. Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner
201. Johnny Strikes Up The Band
202. Accidentally Like A Martyr
203. Tenderness On The Block
204. Boom Boom Mancini
205. The Factory
206. Werewolves Of London
207. Not Fade Away (Buddy Holly) >
208. Lawyers, Guns and Money
SBD > 1st gen cassette > CDR > EAC > WAV > Editing (below) > FLAC Frontend > FLAC
* Re-tracked entire show by combing with Nero's wave editor and then re-splitting with CD Wave
* Deleted 19 seconds of audience applause at beginning of Track 101 and faded in with Nero's wave editor
* Deleted about 5 seconds at end of Track 107; faded out applause with Nero
* Removed small glitch at 6:15 mark of Track 205
* Made numerous volume adjustments using Nero's wave editor (see notes below) in order to balance-out the overall volume of the show. Unfortunately, the original recording had some pronounced volume fluctuations: some spots were REALLY loud whereas other parts/tracks were difficult to hear. Conservatively, I spent a couple hours trying to adjust the volume so that the show would play more evenly. I tried to avoid having the show exceed peak volume as best I could, but some spots on the original recording were a bit "hot" and I tried to blend everything together as best as I could. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the end result.
Volume adjustments (in order to get show's volume to play more consistently):
* Track 101 (0:00-3:42 mark: +3dB)
* Track 102 (1:09-1:26 mark: -1dB; 1:19-1:14 mark: an additional -2dB)
Some clipping resulted from the volume reductions needed in Track 102.
* Track 103 (0:51-7:25 mark: +1dB; 7:25 mark-end: an additional +4dB)
* Track 104 (entire track +5dB)
* Trcak 105 (+5dB for entire track except only +4dB for the 2:01-2:18 mark)
* Track 106: (entire track +5dB)
* Track 107 (0:00-2:27 mark: +5dB; 2:27 mark-end: +4dB)
* Track 108: (entire track +4dB except +2dB for the 9:31-9:34 mark)
* Track 201: (entire track +5dB except +3dB for 0:42-2:30 and +6dB for 4:06-end)
* Tracks 202-203 (entire track +6dB)
* Track 204: (0:00-1:26: +6dB; 1:26-1:37: +4dB; 1:37-3:44: +2dB; 3:45-end: +2dB)
* Track 205: (0:00-1:16 mark: +2dB; 5:16-5:29 mark: -1dB; 5:29-5:33 mark: -2dB)
Some clipping resulted from the volume redctions needed in Track 205.
* Track 206: (0:00-3:37 mark: +3dB; 3:57-6:47 mark: +3dB; 6:47-6:53 mark: -2dB)
* Track 207: (0:00-0:27 mark: +3dB)
* Track 208: No adjustment
* Track 209: (entire track +5dB)
If you decide to download this show, won't you please consider posting a comment on the show's board? It only takes a moment, and believe me, it takes A LOT longer to prepare/upload a show for others to enjoy than it does to download and run.
And won't you please consider thanking Mexminute for sharing this mighty fine show with us?
Generously shared by Mexminute
and uploaded on DIME by TheCommish