Relayerman's "Ain't No Beach Boys Gonna Touch This" Yes - The arena at Atlanta 8-13-2002 remastered and complete.
Disc 1 48:30
1. Firebird Suite 2:49
2. Siberian Khatru 11:08
3. America 11:35
4. In The Presence Of 11:40
5. We Have Heaven 1:28
6. South Side Of The Sky 9:48
Disc 2 69:23
1. Revealing Science Of God 23:54
2. Leaves Of Green 4:58
3. Georgia's Theme 3:16
4. Happy Birthday 2:05
5. Show Me 4:14
6. Wakeman solo w/6 Wives, Wonderous Stories, And You & I 5:52
7. Heart Of The Sunrise 12:09
8. Magnification 8:07
9. Don't Kill The Whale 4:44
Disc 3 51:40
1. The Fish w/Tempus Fugit, On The Silent Wings Of Freedom, Soundchaser 10:32
2. Awaken 19:54
3. Yours Is No Disgrace 12:44
4. Roundabout (abridged version) 8:28
Equipment used: Sony TCD-D7 DAT recorder w/CoreSound Binaural mics using a bass rolloff filter and one Sony DDS DG90P tape. I was sitting about 20 rows back from the stage, dead center.
A few production notes:
My original recording was missing a few bars of the Firebird Suite and all of Jon's solo spot. Through another gracious taper, who wishes to remain anonymous, I have used parts of that recording to patch my version. This makes the show complete.
You may find the volume a little on the low side. This is because there are parts of the performance that border on clipping. So, to keep the recording faithful to what the ears would hear at the show I purposely did not raise the volume throughout the show. This show is meant to be played LOUD to get the full effect of being there.
You will notice a bad spot in the Firebird where one of the mics fell out of place and the sound changes. Sorry about that. Also, you will notice where Wakeman's solo sound changes. This is where I patched in a spot. Tried my best to get it close as I could, but since the other taper wasn't sitting close to me the sound is different.
There are at least 6 different recordings of this show so I gave this version (mine) a name (at top). If you propagate this around
then please use the name so it is not confused with the others. I don't claim that this is the best version, but its very clean.
I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut. And please excuse my name-calling during Heart of the Sunrise. The guy in
front of me yelled out 'You suck!' during Jon's solo performance just to be funny. You won't hear that as that has been
patched, but he continued to stand up for no apparent reason all during the show (and smoked, too). You get the picture
and I had had enough.
A few show notes:
1) the weak keyboards after Firebird are because Steve's amp wasn't working (he couldn't start Siberian Khatru as usual) so Rick decided to do some keyboard work. Normally Steve would have come right in after Firebird finished. Rick's keys just weren't up in the mix.
2) the sound men got the stage sound right around the last half of Siberian Khatru as you might notice a slight change in volume. That wasn't me, that was the sound guys.
3) Chris's bass had problems in Heart of the Sunrise so you'll notice its absent during some parts. Rick took up the slack some with keyboards.
4) laughing at beginning of the Fish is due to Chris 'straightening his cuffs' kind of like saying 'ok, now I'm ready'.
5) near the end of Roundabout there is a whistle. A young guy jumped up on stage and took off his shirt and started
dancing. This swiftly came to a halt as some burly stage hands ran after him in front of the band. It was funny. Enjoy!
Steve (Relayerman) W
Images for all shows as well as full size images for this show.
Images for this show: