ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA
Sentrum Scene, Oslo, Norge
November - 24 - 2013
A LarsM recording
Sony ECM 719 mic -> Sony PCM D50 (at WAV 16/44) -> HD -> USB Stick received via Mail -> my HD -> Audacity (edit/remaster) -> WAV 16/44 -> TLH8 -> FLAC -> DIME ->
YOUR EARS AND MIND...thought it was a man but it was a muffin...
Recorded by dear taper brother Lars app. 5 meters from stage edge left side. The recording came out very nice with almost no chatters (well behaved audience!), but a little
weak on the lower end. So I increased the bass volume just a tiny bit to make this an even more satisfying listening. All thanks straight to Oslo for this nicely captured moment
in music history! THANK YOU!
This was a labour of love! I always wanted to do something Zappa-related here on DIME, and after I screwed up my recording at the "Grosse Freiheit" in Hamburg just a few years ago,
and the fact that Dweezil doesn't play Germany anymore, I almost gave up all hope. The more happy I was when a few weeks ago dear Lars offered me his recording of this fabulous
show for editing and posting. When the package arrived last friday, I completely freaked out! Unfortunately - due to a very exhausting workday, I didn't get it up in time for Frank's
birthday, but better be late than never.
So, what's so special about this show? Not only that it contains the complete performance of my favourite Zappa album of all time, "Roxy and elswhere" and lots of fantastic tunes
from all periods of Frank's career (besides an unreleased track!), it also has some special guests on a few tracks who added an extra "colour" to the already mindblowing performance
of Dweezil and his marvellous band. So, fellow musiclovers, join in the fun and never forget: MUSIC IS THE BEST! SB.
FULL SHOW (175:26 min.)
01. Intro (1:04)
02. The gumbo variations (8:15)
03. Dweezil's intro to "Roxy and elswhere" (1:24)
04. Penguin in bondage -> (5:46)
05. Pygmy twylyte -> (2:12)
06. Dummy up -> (6:35)
07. Village of the sun -> (3:18)
08. Echidna's arf (of you) -> (4:47)
09. Don't you ever wash that thing? (8:47)
10. Cheepnis -> (4:40)
11. Son of orange county -> (6:58)
12. More trouble every day (8:54)
13. Be bop tango (17:38)
14. Florentine pogen -> (5:47)
15. Teenage wind -> (2:57)
16. Tennage prostitute (3:46)
17. The black page # 1 (drum solo) -> (1:54)
18. The black page # 2 (8:51)
19. Dweezil talks (1:03)
20. I come from nowhere (6:53)
21. Dweezil talks (2:45)
22. The duke of prunes (5:06) *
23. Peaches en regalia/Intro to... (4:38) *
24. The torture never stops/Audience ovations (17:05)
25. Encore intro (1:21)
26. Watermelon in easter hay (9:53)
27. Dweezil talks (2:37)
28. Zombie woof (6:51) "
29. Muffin man (8:40) *"
* with norwegian horn section (Jaga Jazzists?)
" with Hakon Gilsberg (?) - guitar
Full american tour in Jan/Feb/March 14.
Support the artists, go to their shows, buy all their merchandise!
Do not convert to lossy files, unless for personal use. No lossy blog/tracker use. Flac rules!
If you sell...the torture might never stop...
Dweezil Zappa: guitar, vocals
Scheila Gonzalez: saxophone, flute, keyboards & vocals
Ben Thomas: vocals, trumpet, trombone, percussion
Chris Norton: keyboards, vocals
Kurt Morgan: bass
Ryan Brown: drums
Uploaded to DIME by Spacebandit 2012/12/22.