23rd Annual Byron Bay Bluesfest
7 April 2012
Shared by: Woff [WWWoff-18]
Lineage: Roland-R05 (internal mics, 24/48) > PC > Cool Edit Pro (amplify, eq, track splits, downsample to 16/44.1) > TLH > FLAC (level 8, aligned on SB)
At Bluesfest this year, I had three aims, with the following priority:
1. Enjoy myself listening to some great music
2. Make some recordings to assist my ailing memory in recalling what I saw / heard
3. Share anything worth sharing
Points 1 and 2 were mostly satisfied. I had a major fail with a couple of shows where I must have forgotten to press record. I won't be sharing those.
As for point 3:
Most of the recordings contain some sort of undesirable "feature", including selections from the following:
- drunk punters tripping over you and speaking loudly into the recorder
- music bleed from other stages
- general chatter
- uneven sound
- missed songs due to late arrival
- idiots who feel that whistling and woo-hooing all over the performance adds to the enjoyment of others
It is what it is, if you can make it something else, feel free.
Since I ignored the "no taping allowed" directive at the event, I have no real claim on asking you to do or not do anything with this recording.
Comments about this show:
Confession time. I am not a reggae fan, and really only recorded this because I could. I actually set the recorder and went elsewhere, which is obviously the secret to recording as this is among the better results I achieved on the weekend.
No idea on the setlist so help appreciated there.
There is some minor sound bleed from a neighbouring stage in some of the quiet spots, mostly between songs.
I will provide samples so that you can decide whether to use your bandwidth.