Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade Amphitheater
Sept. 4, 2012
Excellent AUD recording
**mp3 samples provided (as always) in the Comments section**
Despite sitting under an umbrella for the second half of the show on this rainy night, it was a fun-as-usual show by Zydeco-A-Go-Go and the recording actually came out quite well.
The setlist features many well-known New Orleans/cajun/zydeco songs and has some of the band's original songs sprinkled in. Similar to last year's show in Linden, the venue's sound engineer (Wayne) was invited to play fiddle on a few songs.
Zydeco-a-Go-Go has two full-length CDs available and both are terrific. Special thanks to Pete Eshelman for allowing me to document their fine performance. Please check out Zydeco-a-Go-Go if you're in the NJ/PA/DE area and also consider buying the band's excellent CDs if you like what you hear.
On the web: www.zydecoagogo.com
101. Eh, Petite Fille (Clifton Chenier)
102. Give Him Cornbread > Jambalaya (On The Bayou) (Beau Jocque / Hank Williams)
103. Tu Le Ton Son Ton (Clifton Chenier)
104. Bon Ton Roule
105. Morning Train
106. Motordude Special (Boozoo Chavis)
107. You Used To Call Me (Clifton Chenier)
108. Hot Tamale Baby (Clifton Chenier)
109. Put A Hump In Your Back (Nathan Williams and the Zydeco Cha-Chas)
201. See Ya Later, Alligator (Bill Haley)
202. Walking To New Orleans (Fats Domino)
203. Zydeco Sont Pas Sal� (Clifton Chenier)
204. Ya Ya (Lee Dorsey)
206. Stage intro for special guest (sound engineer Wayne)
207. Ma 'Tit Fille (Buckwheat Zydeco)
208. Jolie Blon (traditional)
209. New Orleans > Land of 1000 Dances > Barefootin'
(Gary U.S. Bonds / Wilson Pickett / Robert Parker)
Approx. running time: 89 minutes
Pete Eshelman - accordian, lead vocals
Billy Baltera - guitar
Bob Holden - drums, vocals (lead vocal on track 205)
Jimmy Pritchard - bass, vocals
Ralph Liberto - sax, rub board
Wayne (the venue's sound engineer) - fiddle (tracks 207-209)
Zoom H2 (120 degree mic pattern) > WAV (onto SD card) > Nero wave editor (trim & fade end tracks) > CD Wave (to split tracks) > Cool Edit Pro (volume boost, hard limited to -0.1dB) > FLAC Frontend (sb-aligned) > FLAC
If you like this torrent, won't you please take a moment to post a comment on the board? It only takes a moment, and believe me, it takes A LOT longer to prepare/upload a show for others to enjoy than it does to download and run.
Recorded by and uploaded on DIME