This is a collection of songs performed by Railroad Earth that were also done by Jerry in one form or another; Old and in the Way, JGB, and Grateful Dead. I put together this compilation in an effort to help expand a friendís musical horizons.
The songs were culled from a variety of source tapes primarily downloaded from the Live Music Archive
(http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=Railroad%20Earth). Where more than one version of a particular song was available I listened to a few to pick the one with the best combination of recording and performance. This was entirely subjective and not an exhaustive exercise. Your mileage may vary. I tried to avoid the more obvious selections like 4/16/05 when Phil sat in with the RRE boys, although I did use one song from that show, GDTRFB, as it was the only version I knew of (besides Phil didnít sing).
I tried to balance recording levels, make cuts and fades so that the compilation works reasonably well in the order the tracks are listed. Obviously other combinations would work equally as well, or not.
1. Big River^ 10-16-02 4:55
2. Catfish John 4-24-04 8:54
3. Sitting here in Limbo 11-28-03 9:49
4. Just so you know > Lovelight 10-31-03 15:58
5. the Wheel 8-28-04 7:50
6. Terrapin 8-7-04 12:06
7. Mississippi Ĺ Step 3-4-05 10:43
8. Hobo song 12-30-04 7:05
^ w/ David Gans on guitar and vocals
1. Desolation Row 7-11-04 13:17
2. Lazy River Road* 2-12-05 7:13
3. Wayfaring Stranger 5-20-05 7:20
4. White Dove 8-19-05 6:06
5. Lonesome Fiddle Blues 8-19-05 3:23
6. Bluegrass Breakdown 8-19-05 5:02
7. GDTRFB*# 4-16-05 7:06
8. Terrapin Station 7-3-05 14:02
* w/ Phil Lesh
# w/ Vince Hermann on guitar and vocals